I'm having a laugh at my title...because it's so true. If I do an intense eye look the only thing I dread is having to take it off at the end of the night because no matter how much I try I usually still have black mascara left over and it's a pet peeve of mine. I have tried a lot of different skin care routines, some I liked and some not so much and didn't live up to the hype that it was built up to be.
I have heard a lot of the different uses of coconut oil, everything from cooking to hair & skin care. I have a large jar in my pantry that I use for cooking. My oldest sister Julie loves this stuff and got me into it a while ago. Recently I read how some people use it to take off their makeup and wash their face. Honestly, I was grossed out by this. How could someone use and put oil on their face!!?? After researching it some more I realized how amazing coconut oil is for your skin so I had to try it out. The first time I used it to wash off my makeup I did not melt it first and used it in it's hardened state. It worked but not as well as when you melt it a bit. So the next time I took less than a tsp of coconut oil from the jar and put it in a small container in the microwave for 22 seconds. (I choose 22 instead of 20 or 25 because 22 is my favorite number lol. Odd, I know ;) ) Anyway, once it's done this is what I do....
1. Take warm water and splash it on your face.
2. The some coconut oil in your finger tips and using circular motions rub it into your skin and all over your face and neck.
3. Take a wash cloth and put warm water on it, ring it out, and go over your face with it also rubbing it into your skin. (using a face clothe also helps exfoliate your skin a bit).
4. Wash out the cloth and go over your face one more time if you'd like.
5. Use any excess coconut oil left over and put on any dry areas on your face or for a moisturizing mask put all over your face and leave it on.
This is by far the best skin care routine I have ever used! I absolutely love it and my skin loves it. And it's natural and organic! You only need a little bit and it goes a long ways. And not only does it completely take ALL the makeup off my face (no raccoon eyes anymore!) it also moisturizes my face.
I did have a few small breakouts which I usually don't get but they have gone away now. Remember with most new skin care routines you can breakout from getting used to it and changing products. The only other thing is to make sure you don't get any in your eyes...things get a little blurry for a while if you do. ;)
I'm experimenting with a homemade exfoliate too that I will also put up on my blog once I have it all figured out.
You can purchase the coconut oil at Costco or any supermarkets I believe.
Try it out...let me know what you think!